3D Pen Safe for Kids – Polyes Q1 3D Pen Review
Development in 3D printing is giving life to peoples wildest imaginations. Among the 3D pens that are turning heads is the Polyes Q1 3D Printing pen. This futuristic pen features a unique authentic design that has made it get to the top of the list of the 3D pens most sought after.
Apart from the fact that this pen is extremely reliable, it has also incorporated safety features that make it the number one pen that parents can purchase for their kids. First of all, unlike most 3D pens that use a plastic like material (ABS or PLA) as the writing medium, this one uses a photo-polymer liquid. The liquid resin is easily solidified by UV light that is located at the tip of the pen as it’s extruded from the pens nozzle.
The technology used to cure this photo-sensitive resin is termed stereo lithography technology. It therefore takes a relatively short time for pieces designed by this pen to be stable and stand on their own.
- The design of the Polyes Q13D pen is sleek and comfortable to an artist’s hands.
- The pen uses an internal battery in place of the usual cord common in most 3D pens. This makes it very portable and convenient.
- The drawing process with this pen is safe and much fun as a result of the photo-polymer material that the pen uses as ink instead of PLA or ABS. There is a minimal chance of this ink carelessly leaking since it is immediately dried by a UV light.
- The pen features a speed control button which helps the artist to easily adjust the outflow rate.
- The integrated button feature of this pen makes switching between drawing modes extremely easy and convenient.
- The pen features an LED display where you can check the power that’s remaining and charge before you completely run out.
- The liquid resin that the pen uses as a writing media is contained in an easy-to-replace ink cartridge. All one is required to do is push then twist a designated button and the replacement will be complete.
- The pen features a variety of colors and innovative ink types like glow-in-the-dark, temperature changing, aromatic, transparent and many others which enable the artist to stretch their imaginative skills.
- This pen comes in attractive models of blue light and UV.
- The main concern about UV light 3D pens is always the risk of the light on the eyes. This pen has addressed this issue by its in-built tilt sensor that automatically turns off the LED light when the pen is tilted beyond a certain angle. This ensures that curious children are not at risk of being harmed by the UV light.
- The gadget has a USB port which means you can charge it from your PC or laptop making it extremely convenient.
- The pen is absolutely independent in its running capability. It does not require a power inlet, or filaments, and to add to that, when the battery is fully charged you can draw for five hours continuously. It lasts 5 days when in the standby mode.
The Polyes 3D printing pen is the ideal next generation writing tool. It is designed with the future artists in mind and topples the others in the market because…
- This pen does not get hot during operation like other 3D pens. This therefore eliminates unpleasant melting plastic odors and the risk of burns making it extremely safe for kids even when used in closed up rooms.
- The safety feature of this pen has been enhanced by the tilt sensor that automatically turns off the UV lights when tilted to a certain angle. This makes the pen very safe for use by innocent unsuspecting little ones.
- It has a sleek and compact design that makes it easy to hold and work with.
- It has integrated control buttons that enable you to be in control of your drawing or writing.
- The speed control buttons is especially important for kids who are just learning to use the pen. They can control the speed of the flow and therefore control the advancement of their project.
- The pen can be used by both adults and children and is therefore an excellent opportunity to spend quality time with you family.
- This pen is safe for the environment.
Although this pen seems to have it all, like most of the other technologies, it has its shortcomings.
- This pen uses an ink cartridge. However, on continuous use the cartridge will only last 15-35 minutes which means you will have to refill several times in the case of a big project. This can be inconveniencing and time wasting for expert artists.
- Even though this pen allows you to use ink resin of different colors, it comes packages with a very limited number of colors. This will compel you to purchase more resin colors separately.
This pen hasn’t been commercially released yet as Future Make Technology company is still working on their crowd funding campaign. It is however expected that the pen will be released later in the year as the targeted amount has been reached and surpassed.
As you can clearly see, the imitations that this pen has are far less than those in most of the other 3D pens. In addition to that, the Polyes Q1 3D pen has the next-generation design and has put in safety features that make it usable by kids.
There is no doubt that you can never go wrong in investing in this 3D pen. It is versatile, reliable and extremely easy to use. It is therefore the best writing tool to have in your house to help develop creativity in children and also to help you spend quality time with your family.